Biblical Foundation: Acts 2:42-47
42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread, and to the prayers. 43 Then fear came over everyone, and many wonders and signs were being performed through the apostles. 44 Now all the believers were together and held all things in common. 45 They sold their possessions and property and distributed the proceeds to all, as anyone had a need. 46 Every day they devoted themselves to meeting together in the temple complex, and broke bread from house to house. They ate their food with a joyful and humble attitude, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And every day the Lord added to them those who were being saved.
- Experience "Koinonia" (fellowship) with God and each other.
- Grow in relationship with God, love for God, relationship with each other, and in the number of group members.
- Find personal encouragement, purpose and meaning for life.
- Multiply the number of small groups.
- Open and inviting atmosphere that makes everyone feel important and welcome.
- 8-18 participants
- Each group has a Bible study leader/facilitator
- Each group has a Care Coordinator
- Meet once per week
- Incorporate a mission activity quarterly
- Incorporate leisure/fun event quarterly
- Participate in corporate worship weekly